Know Your Doctor
Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
MD, DM (Clinical Hematology)
Department of Hemato-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation
At BLK-MAX Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi.
Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma has done MBBS and MD (Medicine) from University College of Medical Sciences, GTB Hospital, New Delhi. Later he worked at PGIMER Chandigarh, where developed keen interest in hematology. He did his DM (Clinical Hematology) from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He joined the BLK-MAX Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi in 2012, where he worked as Senior Consultant and Head of the Department in Department of Hemato-oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation.
He worked in Venketashwar Hospital for 2 years as Head of the Department and established a fully functional BMT unit.
He has more than 73 publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals. He is also the reviewer for Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion and Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious diseases. He has special interest in the management of leukemias and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. He has performed many autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants for various hematological diseases. He has trained and guided many DNB students, Fellows and Registrars in clinical hematology and stem cell transplantation.
He has Published two books- 1) MCQS in Hematology, and 2) Basics of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant which are the most read books in Hematology by Graduates and BMT Physicians. Currently He is the Director of Department of Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at BLK-MAX Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi.
Specialization and Expertise
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy Test
- Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)/ Stem Cell Transplant (SCT)
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant
- Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant
- MD (Medicine)
- DM (Clinical Hematology)
- MBBS and MD from University College of Medicine, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Resident in Internal Medicine (PGI Chandigarh)
- DM in Clinical Hematology from AIIMS, New Delhi
- Worked As Senior Consultant And HOD In The Department Of Hemato-Oncology And Bone Marrow Transplantation At Venkateshwar Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Currently Working As Director In The Department Of Hemato-Oncology And Bone Marrow Transplantation At BLK-MAX Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Gold Medal for Best Thesis in MD Medicine
- Best Citizen of India Award 2014
- Member of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT)
- BLK-MAX Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi, India